LYTHIC DAY 1 – CONCENTRATE
$149.00 – $634.00
- Designed to improve workability under hot, dry & windy conditions. Will save a slab
- Aids application of shake-on hardeners in low bleedwater environments
- Creates a denser, less-permeable surface for resistance to liquid penetration
- Retains moisture in the slab during curing
- Reduces water vapor transmission (MVER)
- Colloidal silica chemical reaction reduces Ca(OH)2 migration
- Reduces efflorescence on both colored & non-colored concrete
- Minimizes checking, crazing & scaling
- Reduces potential for slab curling
DAY1® Finishing Aid is a colloidal silica-based topical additive that makes concrete flatwork finishing easier and faster. It produces a better result and reduces the risk of a prematurely setting slab. Applied during floating and troweling, DAY1 increases cream, making for easier, better finishing and extended workable time under adverse conditions. DAY1 does not alter the water to cement ratio. It provides moisture-retention performance similar to a liquid membrane forming curing compound. DAY1, however, becomes a permanent part of the slab so there is no membrane or residue to remove.
DAY1 also has a number of densification and performance enhancing qualities. Through densification, compressive and surface abrasion resistance are improved. Additionally, DAY1 improves consolidation, reduces water vapor transmission, and extends curing, further improving strength and durability. DAY1 has been shown to successfully mitigate slab curling by reducing evaporation at the surface, thereby diminishing the shrinkage differential and the curling it causes. DAY1 also minimizes the potential for checking, crazing, and other drying-related surface issues.
DAY1 reduces the potential for efflorescence on both colored and non-colored concrete mixes. It also gives the concrete surface hydrophobic-like properties for better resistance to liquid penetration and staining. This makes it a must-have for any colored or decorative concrete project.
1 Case [(4) 1 Gallon], 1 Gallon, 5 Gallon